Careers at Smithville Montessori Academy
Job Description: Infant/Toddler Assistant Teacher
We seek a qualified teacher to assist our infant/toddler classroom full-time. The ideal candidate must understand the needs of children in that age group cognitively, socially, and emotionally and provide a safe and stimulating environment. Additionally, a teacher in this room will be skilled in communicating with their team and parents to meet the needs of the children, which will provide a positive and cohesive room.
- Work with the lead guide to provide an educational curriculum by developing classroom activities that are developmentally age-appropriate.
- Lead by example, encourage a team approach.
- Provide a nurturing environment for each child and present with a respectful and kind approach.
- Maintain frequent communication with parents and staff through communication apps, parent/teacher conferences and informal discussions.
- Ensure all policies within the program are followed and met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment through safety and cleanliness standards while maintaining healthy hygiene.
- Assist in supervising teacher assistants in the classroom including afterschool staff and volunteers.
- Maintain accurate records for each child.
- Engage in continuing education and other professional programs to further learning for the classroom environment.
- Any other duties as assisgned in the job description.
- At least 2 years of experience working with infants/toddlers. Montessori experience is preferred but not required. Willing to train the right candidate.
- Certificates accepted with IMC, MEPI, and AMS.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Infant/toddler CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear a background check and must pass a health screening.
An early childhood degree is preferred but not required. Associates in early childhood or related field.
- 8-hour workday, shift Monday through Friday-Flexible if a shorter shift is needed.
- Attend staff meetings when scheduled.
- Attend training when scheduled.
- Competitive Pay Scales range from $16.00-$18.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Simple IRA employer contributions (401K)
- Health Benefits contribution
- Paid dental and vision
- Paid Training
- Supportive and family-oriented work environment
- Bonus program
Join our team! Just download the Application Form, fill it out and send it to email@example.comEmployment Application