Walker Classroom (14 months -2 Years)
“The child is both a hope and a promise for mankind.” – Maria Montessori
Our Walker Program
The first three years of life are formative for child development. Our Walker program focuses on the child’s interests and practical skills. We focus on the following:
- Developing primary language: Describing what is being done, conversations, and singing.
- Problem-solving: Montessori provides problem-solving through the manipulation of Montessori materials that the child can repeat until they achieve their goal.
- Fine and gross motor skills- The child practices activities such as spooning, pouring, art, and many more to help strengthen their hand muscles. Our classroom and playground provide developmentally appropriate extensive motor activities to strengthen coordination.
- Concentration- During the Montessori Work Cycle in our Walker/Toddler classroom, your child can practice activities that build their concentration.
- Self-care activities- Children will learn various things in our Walker/Toddler program, including:
- How to wash their hands
- How to blow their nose
- How to put on their shoes and coat
- How to wipe their face
- How to sit at a table and chair and drink out of a cup, and clean up their lunch
What do you need for your child?
Things you should know
We compiled our frequently asked questions here. Please feel free to ask us about anything you need to know, so we can add more answers right here. Thanks in advance!
Children will transition to our Pre-Primary room around 2 or before considering the social, emotional, and cognitive needs for each child.
Daily necessities such as, diapers, wipes, creams, milk, bottles, snacks, crib sheets, blanket, pacifier if needed, and weather appropriate extra clothes.
When weather permits, children will take walks in the stroller outside and enjoy outside activities within their playground area.
If your child is sick, we will contact you for pick up via phone call, your child may not return until fever and/or symptom free for 24hrs without medication. See the parent handbook for further information about our illness policy
- Hours of operation are 7 am-5:30 pm Monday through Friday, except for weekends and holidays or weather-related days.
- We do not provide lunch or snacks at our school; however, we provide juice and water.
- Tuition is due on Monday of each week unless you are approved to pay monthly.
- Withdraw: We require a 30-day written notice; your 30 days must be paid out whether the child attends.
- Late fee: Late fees will be issued when tuition is not paid on the payment date. See the parent handbook.
- Holidays and continuing education: Scheduled on our school calendar. We may close for inclement weather, and parents are notified in advance.
- Communication apps: Transparent Classroom, Remind, School Email, Phone Calls, Facebook and Instagram
- Toys: Please do not allow your child to bring toys, candy, gum, etc. to school.