Pre-Primary Classroom (2-3 Years)
“The child gives us a beautiful lesson – that in order to form and maintain our intelligence, we must use our hands.” – Maria Montessori
Our Pre-Primary Program
We specifically designed our Pre-Primary program to enhance your child’s learning at this important stage of development. We offer a variety of curriculum areas, potty training, and small class size.
The areas of our classroom include:
Practical Life- Children learn practical skills that will last a lifetime. These activities foster independence, concentration, self-care skills, grace, and courtesy, and care for their environment.
Sensorial Activities- Sensorial lessons help develop hand-eye coordination, visual discrimination, sense of smell, and touch and prepare children for further work in math and language.
Math- Early math activities help children with critical thinking skills, sorting, counting, and number recognition.
Language- Children develop their language throughout the day through stories, songs, finger plays, circle time activities, and pre-reading skills such as classification, rhyming, and the beginning series of Montessori’s sandpaper letters.
Geography– Early geography work includes learning that our earth is made of land and water through Montessori’s specially designed geography materials.
Science & Nature- Children will learn about our natural world through hands-on material and an outdoor classroom environment.
Art- Children develop their creativity through the process of our art activities, focusing on their natural ability instead of the end product.
What do you need for your child?
Things you should know
We compiled our frequently asked questions here. Please feel free to ask us about anything you need to know, so we can add more answers right here. Thanks in advance!
Children will transition out of the Pre-Primary room at three or when they are developmentally ready. We require your child to be potty trained before transitioning to the Primary rooms.
Daily necessities such as, diapers, wipes, creams, milk, bottles, snacks, crib sheets, blanket, pacifier if needed, and weather appropriate extra clothes.
When weather permits, children will take walks in the stroller outside and enjoy outside activities within their playground area.
If your child is sick, we will contact you for pick up via phone call, your child may not return until fever and/or symptom free for 24hrs without medication. See the parent handbook for further information about our illness policy
- Hours of operation are 7 am-5:30 pm Monday through Friday, except for weekends and holidays or weather-related days.
- We do not provide lunch or snacks at our school; however, we provide juice and water.
- Tuition is due on Monday of each week unless you are approved to pay monthly.
- Withdraw: We require a 30-day written notice; your 30 days must be paid out whether the child attends.
- Late fee: Late fees will be issued when tuition is not paid on the payment date. See the parent handbook.
- Holidays and continuing education: Scheduled on our school calendar. We may close for inclement weather, and parents are notified in advance.
- Communication apps: Transparent Classroom, Remind, School Email, Phone Calls, Facebook and Instagram
- Toys: Please do not allow your child to bring toys, candy, gum, etc. to school.